Monday, February 18, 2013

Ripple Blanket Progress

I have been on the run for the past week.  My camera is filled with images of walks in the park, political fancy schmancy fundraiser dinners, dinners at restaurants, brewing beer and on and on... I have barely had a moment to sit down and take a breath.  I have been able to get a little bit of crochet done in between all of that.  I will upload photos of some of the things I have been doing within a few days.  Until then, I will share some of the progress on my ripple blanket.  The only rule to this blanket, is to use up the basket filled with scraps from other projects.  There are large amounts of some colors, and others I am about to run out of.  It will be interesting to see what this blanket wants to be when it is done, since it is totally dependent just on what I have available and sitting here.  I want to reduce down some of my stash, so I can buy new yarns that go together and make something a little more planned next time.

Without further pause, here is the progress so far.


Here is the progress and I have not repeated a color yet.  I have one more color to add, then try to figure out what to complete the blanket with next.  I think when I repeat the colors that some will be much wider bands of color and some will be just one tiny strip, just to keep some of the color balance going through out the entire blanket and use up those scraps.  


Here is the basket of scraps.  As you can see there are some large balls of yarn and hidden in the deep shadows of those are some very small balls of yarn.  

This concludes the update on my ripple blanket... I hope everyone out there is having a wonderful 3 day weekend if you live in the USA.  It has been nice to sit down and catch my breath today.  I hope it is the same for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback, and thank you for commenting.